Blueberry Balsamic Chicken
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (or 2 pounds chicken legs and thighs)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp organic raw honey
- 1-2 rosemary branch
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and butter in a skillet.
- Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and add to the pan when the oil and butter are hot and bubbly.
- Sear chicken breasts over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 1 minute per side or until a light crust forms.
- Remove to a baking dish and set aside.
- To the remaining olive oil and butter in the skillet, add blueberries with balsamic vinegar + honey sauce, red onion, and rosemary.
- Simmer about 10 minutes, or until the blueberries have collapsed.
- Pour the blueberry balsamic mixture over chicken and put baking dish in the top half of the oven for about 10 minutes, until the chicken has cooked through to a temperature of 165°F.