Thank you for visiting onehoney.ca.
Let me tell you a bit about my story on why I started this business.
My father's very first business 40 years ago was beekeeping. Without much literature or experts to guide him, he dedicated 24 hours of his day, everyday, to learning the behaviours of honey bees. He would spend whole day and night observing them and how they make honey. He was the first person in Korea to write books on honey bees and hold lectures at universities.
After immigrating to Canada, we learned that Canadian honey is regarded as high quality honey. With its cold climate and vast unpolluted land, Canada has all the factors for producing premium healthy honey. My father looked for high quality honey throughout Canada on his spare time, but it was hard to find. The majority of honey sold in retail stores were not even Canadian. Even the 100% Canadian honey we found were not the quality we had hoped to find. We thought, 'If it's hard for us to find premium honey in Canada, surely it's hard for others, too. There must be honey lovers like us who are looking for premium untainted Canadian honey."
So, I decided to go on a hunt for the best honey in Canada. Based on my father's 10+ years of research, I traveled across Canada for 2 months looking for a clean piece of land that can produce the finest Canadian honey. With the help of local beekeepers and further research and travel, we picked the best options. To this day, we continue to survey different regions to expand our operation.
And we are now ready to bring you the finest honey Canada can be proud of. When you hold our jar of honey, you are holding on to single-source, 100% traceable natural raw honey that is minimally processed. Taste pure honey straight from the beehive.
Where do you get your honey, and do you know what makes good honey? Most of honey you find at your local stores are mixed with Chinese and South American honey. Chinese honey suffers from over-usage of antibiotics. They are also known to mix syrup to their honey. It is being laundered into the world market even though many countries ban or discourage imports of Chinese honey. Even if the label doesn't say, "Chinese honey", chances are it is mixed in to some degree. All the popular brands of honey started to mix various sources in order to meet demand and lower cost.
We want to do our part in cleaning up the honey market. We want to educate consumers and help you identify misleading labels and false advertising.
Oneroot Honey is bottled from only the purest of sources in the vast Canadian wilderness. Our strict quality control guarantees that your jar of honey is as straight from the beehive as it can get.
Our honey is always:
- Antibiotics free - We are the only North American brand that bottles only 100% natural, antibiotics and chemical free honey. Our bees are healthy without the use of any chemicals. One of our main goals is to support healthy bee population.
- Unheated / Unpasteurized - meaning it retains all of honey’s enzymes, anti-bacterial / anti-inflammatory properties, and all its health benefits.
- From Sustainable Sources - our beekeepers practice ethical, natural, and organic beekeeping methods that support healthy bee population and the environment.
- Directly from the source - our honey is never mixed with other honey. You always know exactly what kind of honey you’re getting from Oneroot.
- Bottled in CFIA inspected and approved facilities to ensure your safety.
Try our honey for yourself and you'll taste the difference. If you have any questions about anything, ask away!
Same Day Shipping
Order before 3pm EST and we will ship out on the same day!