Homemade Honey Sugar Scrub (DIY Natural Exfoliating and Moisturizing Scrub)
It's Oneroot beauty recipe time.
Now days, it's trendy to make your own (known as Do it yourself as well, DIY) everything. Make your own starting from small little thing such as toothpaste, face lotion, face toner, laundry detergent and big stuff up to furniture sometimes. Today, we want to introduce DIY body scrub. Most of the products that are sold in retail shelf has preservatives in it. Yes it keeps our product last longer but we do not know what theses ingredients will do to us. Sometimes those preservatives are as harmful as toxins. The best benefit of using DIY product is "you know what's in it". Of course it will last shorter period of time on your shelf and sometimes it has to be kept in the refrigerator. To some people it might sound like more chores to do but in the long term, we know it's a healthier choice for your family. So start now!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar (raw)
- 1 tbsp Oneroot wildflower honey
- 2 tbsp Organic coconut oil (liquid)
- 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar (choice)
- Grind or mesh your raw sugar into fine power. (Leave some raw part for more exfoliation results)
- You have a choice to use rolled oat chunk or grind them into finer powder.
- Mix sugar with oats.
- Pour coconut oil, honey and mix them.
- Add apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Stir well with spatula.
- Keep it in a jar and use it during shower to exfoliate your body.