You Need To Try This Cookie Recipe!
Have you ever tried baking with honey?
Honey is a superfood with countless health benefits, including improved heart health, acne relief, aid for wound relief and burns, and several others.
Brown-Butter Honey Cookies
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 2 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dark-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; then cook, swirling pan occasionally, until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer brown butter to a heatproof bowl and let cool until solid.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cardamom, and salt. In another large bowl, beat brown butter and both sugars on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add honey, cream, egg yolk, and vanilla; continue beating until well combined, about 1 minute more. Gradually add flour mixture and mix on low until just combined. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces and cover with plastic wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Working with one piece of dough at a time, roll out on lightly floured parchment to 1/4-inch thickness. Roll with a textured rolling pin to imprint. Using a 2 1/2-inch square cutter, cut out cookies and transfer them to parchment-lined baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough, rerolling the scraps once. Freeze until solid, about 15 minutes
- Transfer chilled cookies to fresh parchment-lined baking sheets, spaced about 1 inch apart. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until lightly golden brown, 16 to 18 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks; let cool completely.
Here at One Root, we pride ourselves on providing you with honey in its purest form. We don’t use antibiotics on bees or additives in our honey. Explore our collection!