You Need To Try This Cookie Recipe!
Have you ever tried baking with honey?
Honey is a superfood with countless health benefits, including improved heart health, acne relief, aid for wound relief and burns, and several others.
Brown-Butter Honey Cookies
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 2 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dark-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; then cook, swirling pan occasionally, until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer brown butter to a heatproof bowl and let cool until solid.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cardamom, and salt. In another large bowl, beat brown butter and both sugars on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add honey, cream, egg yolk, and vanilla; continue beating until well combined, about 1 minute more. Gradually add flour mixture and mix on low until just combined. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces and cover with plastic wrap.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Working with one piece of dough at a time, roll out on lightly floured parchment to 1/4-inch thickness. Roll with a textured rolling pin to imprint. Using a 2 1/2-inch square cutter, cut out cookies and transfer them to parchment-lined baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough, rerolling the scraps once. Freeze until solid, about 15 minutes
- Transfer chilled cookies to fresh parchment-lined baking sheets, spaced about 1 inch apart. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until lightly golden brown, 16 to 18 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks; let cool completely.